Chickens and Chicks

Okay, spring has sprung!  And with spring come chicks, and eggs, and other stuff not featured in this post.  Such as the Cadbury mini eggs I'm eating by the handful.

These happy chicks are felt versions from this post from Mel's Desk.  Here's the poem:

One Little Chick
One little chick was yellow
One little chick was brown
One little chick was blue
And one was upside down!

I cannot WAIT to share this with my Two Year Olds.  They were so excited about Silly Sally when I read it to them today, and I know they're going to flip when I put that gray chick on the board upside down!  Oh the giggles!!


This particular set isn't for sale, but please check out my shop with many of my other sets:

Flannel Board Fun Shop


The pieces below come from the same post at Mel's Desk.  I didn't do this one in felt--just found some clip art and printed it out.  I took the pictures before the set was laminated--yay for no glare!

Ten Fluffy Chickens
Five eggs and five eggs  (Add a clutch of eggs each time you say “five eggs”)
And that makes ten
Sitting on top (Add the hen)
Is Mother Hen
Cackle cackle cackle (Clap hands as you say Cackle!)
What do I see?
Ten fluffy chickens (Flip over each clutch of eggs)
Yellow as can be.


I need to do more of these super simple sets--I love them, and I know my littlest ones will too.

Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Miss Kelly at the Library!  You can also find tons of ideas at Flannel Friday's Pinterest Pages, the Flannel Friday Blog, and Flannel Friday's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment