Space Set

This is a simplified copy of my classroom Space Set.  I didn't use the collage method on this, as I think it would tempt children to pull the pieces apart, and I also find that the collaged pieces don't stick as easily since I use stiff felt for those and they are a bit heavy.  My set is quit a bit larger--I might add a few more pieces to this one, too.

Anyway, this is a set I'll be selling at our upcoming Vendor Fair at my school along with some other sets! I think having sets like this on hand so children can do their own, completely open-ended storytelling would be wonderful in the classroom or library setting.  You could of course use a set that corresponds with your storytime theme, but having random sets available allows the child to lead, which is always a benefit in my opinion.


Here's a video of this set in action!











Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Kim at Literary Commentary!  You can also find tons of ideas at Flannel Friday's Pinterest Pages, the Flannel Friday Blog, and Flannel Friday's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment