Rainbow Stew

I've had this pinned on my Flannels to Make Pinterest board for a while now, but yippee--I've finally made it!  I was inspired by this post at Roving Fiddlehead. Below the picture you'll find the words to the chant and a video that goes along with the pieces.  



        


Take an apple
Put it in the pot
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out. What will it be?
The prettiest red you ever did see.

And I have a video of this set in action right here: 


(I've updated the tune and sing it to Over in the Meadow, as I've discovered that the original tune (Jimmy Crack Corn) has questionable roots.)

Have your rainbow strips already set up in a bowl or cooking pot, and have a spoon at the ready.  Don't let the kids see those strips hiding in the pot--after you add each piece of fruit and stir it up, you can magically pull out the rainbow strip the fruit has turned into!  (You can buy this set right here.)

With the success I've had with my veggies and The Soup is Boiling up, I'm sure this Rainbow Stew is going to be a hit!

Oh, and good news!  You can find a pattern for this set right here:







                                      





The original set looked like this, but I've simplified the blueberries and grapes to save on creation time:


Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Laura at Literacious



No comments:

Post a Comment