Flower Set

For my school's upcoming Vendor Fair, I made this little flower set.  Almost everything comes apart--the children can build flowers and butterflies, and can tell little stories with the tiny bugs...

Though I wouldn't use these myself in front of a group, I think having sets like this on hand so children can do their own, completely open-ended storytelling would be wonderful in the classroom or library setting.  You could of course use a set that corresponds with your storytime theme if you use them, but having random sets available allows the child to lead, which is always a benefit in my opinion.






Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Kim at Literary Commentary!  You can also find tons of ideas at Flannel Friday's Pinterest Pages, the Flannel Friday Blog, and Flannel Friday's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment