Space: The Final Frontier

Thanks to Mel at Mel's Desk for the inspiration for this one!  I made my space set felt pieces by adapting cute images I've seen in our universe ;) (PS--I've updated my set, which is available in my shop, so the pictures here are the updated version...)



                                 

What a great addition to any space theme--although I like to use all my sets randomly when the mood strikes me :)  

This set is so fun to use with songs like Zoom, Zoom, Zoom.  In my set for sale, I include other rhymes to go with it, as well as a list of fun space-themed picture books that are tried and true winners in my classroom.



And here's a glimpse of how it all started:

flannel space setfelt space set

We like to sing Zoom Zoom Zoom all the time, but it's especially fun when we pull out and talk about all of these fun space pieces.  
We play the "What's Missing?" game with this set, talk about colors and shapes, count and compare--this is the first themed set I've made, and I would never have thought it could be so versatile.  I love it!

We have a set of Five Little Monsters which we sometimes call 'aliens', and they like to come out and jump on the planets sometimes:

Five little aliens jumping in the sky, 
One fell off and bumped his eye, 
The astronaut called the doctor 
Who said with a sigh
No more aliens jumping in the sky!

Flannel Friday is being hosted by Lauren at The Dilley Dally, and of course you'll find lots of other ideas at Flannel Friday's blog or Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment