Flannel Friday: Snowmen!

This is my first Flannel Friday post--yippee!!  Here are two snowmen flannel boards in anticipation of the coming winter... (you can see the videos of these sets in action right here or buy them right here!)

Five Little Snowmen Fat

Five little snowmen fat,
Each with a funny hat.
Out came the sun and melted one,
What do you think of that?
Down, down, down, down.
What do you think of that?





I found the poem here, and used clip art as inspiration for the snowmen and their cute little accessories. I made two sets for each snowman--the second set got scattered onto a "puddle" made of light blue felt.  When each snow friend melts I take them away and replace them with their puddle :) 

You can pick this set up right here.


Five Little Snowmen Riding on a Sled



2021 edit:  Since discovering that The Five Little Monkeys chant has racist roots, I'm removing it and its piggy back versions from my collections.  And I'm replacing it with fun new songs like this one:

Once upon a time on a cold winter day,

Five snow friends went out to play

They had such fun on the big fast sled

Until one friend fell off and bumped her head!


 I browsed through "cute snowmen clipart" images and kind of morphed them into my own little version, which I free handed.  The sled was clip art, too and I made the wood lines using fabric paint.  Frosty and the doctor are the same basic snowman as the five littles, but I spruced them up a tad with shiny fabric paint and the obvious accessories.  I kind of have a crush on the doctor.

Oh, by the way...  If you liked this post, you'll love the free song strips you get when you sign up to be notified of new videos and shop updates:





This week's Flannel Friday is hosted by What Happens in Storytime.  You can also access Flannel Friday at Pinterest or the Flannel Friday Blog for zillions of ideas!

2 comments: