BINGO Variations Galore!

I recently posted my APPLE variation of BINGO

 


and thought it would be fun to include some other variations since the kids love them so much!  Such a great early literacy tool. The children really love talking about the letters and letter sounds, and saying the new words that we create each time we take away a letter.  Once they've got the hang of it, we sometimes mix it up and remove letters out of order rather than always from left to right... Oh, the hilarity!  When we're singing about vehicles, we pretend to drive, when we're singing about animals, we pretend to be those animals.  I sometimes put a visual on the back side of the piece, so when we flip it over the letter is gone and a new symbol indicates the new sound to make ("crunch" for apples, "beep" for trucks, "snort" for pigs...)

This apple set is available pre-made, or as a pattern so you can make it yourself :)


Let's start with T-R-U-C-K! 
(You may recognize the trucks below from my previous post on Little Mouse Variations.  It's great to be able to re-use pieces in different flannel stories and songs.)









I learned this song from a co-worker many years ago.  I'm not sure where she got it--she was extremely creative, so no doubt she just whipped it up on her very own...  It goes like this:

I've got a great big shiny truck, I'm driving it today-o!
T-R-U-C-K, T-R-U-C-K,T-R-U-C-K,
I'm driving it today-o!

Once the letter is flipped to show just the red circle, we say "beep!"



Next up--P-I-Z-Z-A!


Pizza version of BINGO

I stole this from Storytime Katie!.  For this one, I just remove the letter from the piece of pizza rather than flipping it over--I couldn't come up with something to represent the "YUM" and the tummy rub we do.  (Feel free to share if you have an idea!)  So, for this one it's:

There is a treat I like to eat and pizza is its name-oh!
P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A, P-I-Z-Z-A, 
And pizza is its name-oh!

 We are all seriously hungry after this one...  Don't forget to get out your napkin and wipe your saucy face off at the end!

Moving right along, let's get snorting with some pigs!






I found my idea for the song here, and was greatly inspired by these cute little swine as well.  Here's the song:

There was a hungry little hog, and Piggy was his name-o!
(or:  There was a hog who loved the mud, etc.)
 P-I-G-G-Y, P-I-G-G-Y, P-I-G-G-Y 
And Piggy was his name-o!

When we flip over the letter, the little pigs and their big snouts tell us to say "oink" (or snort!) in place of the letter name!  

And now...T-R-A-I-N!
(Which my husband and I made up during a recent car ride together... my husband drew the oncoming train image that is on the reverse side of each car.)

You can buy these cuties here.






What's that chugging down the track?
I think it is a tra-ain!
T-R-A-I-N, T-R-A-I-N, T-R-A-I-N,
Oh, yes!  It is a tra-ain!

When we flip the car, the oncoming train tells us to say "choo!"


Next up:  HEART




I've had a plain laminated version of this for a few years, but I loved making these fancy felt valentines.  When we flip over the hearts we make a kissing noise or hug ourselves (or both!), so I used the universal symbol for hugs and kisses. xoxoxo!  Here are the lyrics (which I thought I got at Perpetual Preschool years ago, but now I can't find them there):

I made a valentine for you, the heart shape means "I love you!" 
H-E-A-R-T, H-E-A-R-T, H-E-A-R-T, 
The heart shape means "I love you!"

And finally, we have B-U-N-N-Y!

Flannel Board Fun BUNNY


These bunnies star in various other stories and songs, so the letters are not permanently attached.  I made them out of regular felt, but decided to spray them with stiffener so they wouldn't get so squashed in the storage bag.  We take the letter off and make our bunny-ear-fingers hop as we say "hop", or we even do this standing up and actually HOP when we say it!  Here's the song (which I pulled out of my magic hat):

I know a cute white cottontail and Bunny is her name-oh.
B-U-N-N-Y, B-U-N-N-Y,B-U-N-N-Y,
and Bunny is her name-oh!

That's my collection for now!  I'm sure I'll add to it, as I've seen versions for ROBOT, MOMMY, DADDY and more at the Flannel Friday Pinterest Song page.  Take a look for more inspiration :)

     



     


Flannel Friday is being hosted by Ms. Kelly at the Library and of course you'll find lots of other ideas at Flannel Friday's blog or Pinterest page.









No comments:

Post a Comment