Freight Train

Freight Train by Donald Crews has long been a favorite in my classroom. We've had a laminated paper version in my classroom for many years.  It is wonderful, but it's a little too large to work well on our flannel board.  We have it out for the children to use on their own, and they love it.  But I still wanted a felt version for the teacher to use, too.

So, I took those pieces and shrunk them down to use as my pattern.  When the train moves in daylight, we put up the sun; in darkness, we put up the moon.  There's the tunnel, and a city.  I skipped the trestle, because it would take 150 hours to make it...  I used a little fabric paint to put some of the details on the train cars, but tried to keep these pretty simple.  The city is the most detailed piece, and I love it :)


You can no longer buy this set but I've got lots of other goodies here.



Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Cate at Storytiming.  You can also find tons of ideas at Flannel Friday's Pinterest Pages, the Flannel Friday Blog, and Flannel Friday's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment