Valentine Cookies

It has been so fun watching the kids in my classroom play with my felts sets over the past year.  I love hearing them sing songs and repeat rhymes we've used during our group times. And I also love letting them just play creatively to their hearts' content.

I saw a whole lot of that creative play in December as they used my Christmas Cookies and Gingerbread sets, so I decided to make a Valentines Cookie set as well.  I think this one will be especially fun for them, as they love sorting by size and color as they play, and all these different sizes and colors of hearts lend themselves perfectly to that.  Plus:  sprinkles!




These lovelies are sold out, but I've got lots of other holiday fun for sale right here!

Set these up on a table after a storytime about cookies, love, or Valentines Day!  Here are some books and songs that go along nicely with this set...

Mouse’s First Valentine by Lauren Thompson
Plant a Kiss
by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Sweethearts
by Jan Carr
The Biggest Kiss by Joanna Walsh and Judi Abbot
Will You Be My Friend by Nancy Tafuri
Mr. Cookie Baker by Monica Wellington
My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall
How about a Kiss for Me? By Todd Tarpley
           
Heart
I put my hands together,
This is how I start
I curve my fingers right around,
And I can make a heart!

Down Around the Corner
Down around the corner in the bakery shop
Are five Valentine cookies with sprinkles on top
Along comes ______ with a dollar to pay
S/he buys a cookie and takes it away!
(Continue with four, three, two, and one!)

Making Cookies
I am making cookie dough.
Round and round the beaters go.
Add some flour from a cup,
Stir and stir the batter up!
Roll them, cut them, nice and neat.
Put them on a cookie sheet.
Bake them, count them, 1-2-3--
Serve them to my friends for tea!



Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Kathryn at Fun with Friends at Storytime.  You can find lots of other great stuff at Flannel Friday's Facebook and Pinterest pages, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment