Gingerbread House Set

Nothing like gingerbread in the middle of June!  



These are not for storytelling necessarily, although it would be fun to give each child a piece and have them come up to the board to help build a gingerbread house--and then go into a rousing rendition of The Gingerbread Man.  I made these for the kids to use in the classroom--everything comes apart other than the candy canes and window panes--they are glued on.

These guys are a work in progress.  I bought clip art for the patterns, but the sizing is off for various roof toppings that aren't shown, and I want to adjust them.  I also made all the candy canes facing the same way (there are four but I only have two pictured), and the gumdrops and peppermints should be much smaller!

This particular set isn't for sale, but please check out my shop with many of my other sets:

Flannel Board Fun Shop


The Flannel Friday roundup is being hosted this week by Mollie at What Happens in Storytime!  You'll also find other Flannel Friday goodies at PinterestFacebook, and the FF blog--check them out!

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Your preschool kids are super lucky! I'm glad someone else makes stuff without always having a story purpose. Sometimes I'm just driven to make whatever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith! And the kids are just driven to make up their own stories when we give them these kinds of sets to play with. Last week there was an astronaut hanging out with elephants and a parrot in the bathtub...

      Delete