This is a Square

I was inspired by Shawn at Read, Rhyme and Sing, who did this activity using letters.  I decided to copy the concept using shapes and colors, which I thought my Two-Year-Olds might be a bit more in tune with.  I was right--they love this simple but fun activity.  Below I have a picture of the shapes (which I cut out free hand while binge watching some show or another on Netflix...), as well as the instruction card that's kept along with it in the storage bag.  There are lots more ideas that I didn't put on the card (handing out shapes and having children bring up a matching shape or color; having children come up and find a color that matches something they're wearing, or something the same color as ___________; the list goes on...)

This particular set isn't for sale, but please check out my shop with many of my other sets:

Flannel Board Fun Shop



This week you'll find the Flannel Friday roundup at Catch the Possibilities and of course you'll find lots of other ideas at Flannel Friday's blog or Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment