Build a Bot Set


I don't know what it is, but more and more of my kids are talking about robots lately.  I really don't have much of anything robot-related in my classroom, so I thought I'd start building up my robotics department a bit!  I'm starting with a DIY Set for the kids to use themselves. I've got lots of this type of set available in my shop!




 There are a LOT of pieces in this set.  I'll most likely start off by making only about half of the pieces available to the children.  Once I see how they do with that, I'll add more as needed.

These would also be great to put out in your library on a felt table, especially if you've just done a space or robot story time.  Here are some book ideas to go along with these metallic friends:

Robots Robots Everywhere by Sue Fliess
Beep! Beep! Go to Sleep! by Todd Tarpley
Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman
Doug Unplugged by Dan Yaccarino
Junkyard by Mike Austin
Robots, Everywhere by Denny Hebson
Sometimes I Forget You’re a Robot by Sam Brown
Hello Robots by Staake
Ribbit Rabbit by Ryan
The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot by Margaret McNamara
The Birthday Box by Patricelli




Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by  Jessica at Storytime in the Stacks.  For more FF fun and information, please visit the blogFacebook page, or Pinterest page.  And share these links with your co-librarians or co-teachers. The more we share, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment