Shark Stories

So, Shark Week.  Hmmmm.....  And I'm hosting it!  Hmmmmm......  I checked out all the cool ocean sets on Pinterest, and I looked through my own collection thinking I might just post my old Slippery Fish set, or add a shark to my Ocean Set.  I even have a laminated clipart set for Three Little Fishies (aka Boop Boop Ditty).  But I decided I needed something different.  So, I started googling.


I made this set by searching for 'shark size chart'. I really wanted to emphasize the difference in the size of each shark. I printed out one of the million images that came up and traced the sharks I liked.  I then enlarged each one about 2x bigger to create my templates and got to work flannelizing them (and the diver!)  Add a little fabric paint, and voila! 


I haven't decided exactly how I'll use them yet.  I'm thinking a take on Sue Williams' I Went Walking...  Maybe:
I went diving!
What did you see?
One Blue Shark was swimming by me!


Or perhaps a take on Brown Bear:
Blue Shark, Blue Shark, what do you see?
I see a Tiger Shark looking at me...


Here they are all lined up:  diver, blue shark, tiger shark, thresher shark, hammerhead, great white...all atop the huge whale shark!
(Huge whale shark, do do, do do do do, huge whale shark do do, do do do do...)

This particular set isn't for sale, but please check out my shop with many of my other sets:


I'm hosting Flannel Friday this week!  Check out the Roundup HERE And of course you can find a huge assortment of ideas at Flannel Friday's Pinterest Board, and other goodies at the Flannel Friday Facebook Page and  FF blog.  Check them all out! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Very realistic sharks and a very good way to show the size differences of sharks to the littles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both, Kathryn and Leah! I'm excited to use them with the kids soon... There aren't any teeth showing on these guys, so hopefully no one will be scared :)

    ReplyDelete