Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Well, I looked up the meaning behind the lyrics to this one, and I just won't share that with the kids :)  No need to terrorize two- and three-year-olds, I always say...  I'll just pretend it's about a little girl growing some lovely flowers.

I'm enjoying making these simple nursery rhymes into flannel sets.  I tend to have more sets that work with my older group, but these can be used with all ages.

I'm very disappointed in my cockleshells--the fabric paint is just a mess, and doesn't give the look I was going for at all.  But, the kids won't care so I'll deal with it.  From far away it's not terrible, and I think Mary and the Pretty Maids make up for it :)




This particular set isn't available for purchase yet, but please stop by my shop where you'll find lots of my flannels for sale!


Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Jen at Adventures in Storytime.  You cafind a huge assortment of ideas at Flannel Friday's Pinterest Board, and other goodies at the Flannel Friday Facebook Page and  FF blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment