Bark George

Sadly, I can't claim this amazing set as my own.  I don't actually know who made it--one of my past co-workers (Rebekah?  Sarah?) left it a few years ago, and she was clearly a talented lady!  I work with a lot of graduate students, and usually they take a class in which they have to make a flannel board story. I think this was the result of that course.  I'm so happy to have this set, because I actually don't care for Jules Feiffer's illustrations, especially in Bark George.  These pieces are  more appealing to me, and I use this set rather than the book--because the kids do love the story.

I will take credit for adding the black felt background for more stability, and I also used black fabric paint to make the lines drawn on the animals stand out more.  I decided not to do that with the vet, because I was afraid I'd end up ruining him.  He's pretty awesome :)

This particular set isn't for sale, but please check out my shop with many of my other sets:

Flannel Board Fun Shop


The Flannel Friday Roundup is being hosted this week by Laura at Library Lalaland!                    You'll also find other Flannel Friday goodies at Pinterest, Facebook, and the FF blog--check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Bark George is the best book ever! :) I totally envy your masterful use of fabric paint, by the way.

    -Jessica
    Storytime in the Stacks

    ReplyDelete