Little Bo Peep Hide & Seek: A Little Mouse Variation

I love using one felt board set to accomplish many things.  

In this case, it's my Hey Diddle Diddle set, which I've written about before right here.  

Nursery rhymes are wonderful ways to build early literacy skills like rhyming and vocabulary.  Plus, they're comforting in their familiarity and they're often a little bit silly.  Silly means fun, and fun means kids are engaged.  Winning.

In that post, I mentioned my little laminated Bo Peep.  



Hiding her behind one of the felt characters and trying to find her while chanting a wee rhyme is such a fun way to get the kids involved.  

And now I've got a video of this activity!  



So much easier to just show you how it works instead of trying to explain it!  But in case you need to copy and print the chant, here it is:

Bo Peep, Bo Peep, playing hide and seek...
Are you behind the orange cat?
Let's take a peek!

OR 
Bo Peep has lost her sheep, and we've lost HER somewhere!
Is she behind the brown fiddle?  Let's look under there!

No comments:

Post a Comment