Summer Reading #8: Dragon Tails

Hold on, it can't be...  Yep, it is already the eighth (and final!) installment of my summer reading ideas for the Tails and Tales theme!

The summer reading program is focusing on animals (tails) and stories (tales) this year.  Well, I've got plenty of both types of flannel boards that fit the bill--so I thought it would be fun to add some new songs and movement activities to the mix.

I've been adding new videos of these new songs to my YouTube channel and I've been posting them here on the blog, too.  

For my last new song, I've returned to my trusty old dragons.  They make me so happy with their cute faces and colorful wings.  They've bean soaring around in several other videos, but in keeping with the whole 'tails' theme, I decided to create one more song where we can wiggle our posteriors with abandon.  (There really isn't anything much cuter than a group of kids under the age of five wiggling their tails ;) )

So in this simple dragon song, I've decided to count up from zero to five.  So many of our songs start with five and count down--and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with subtracting :)  But I'm all for addition, too.  

So this one has addition, color naming, rhyming, movement, pretending, direction and comparison words--just a bunch of good old early learning tucked under our dragon wings in a playful way.  Which is of course, in my opinion, the only way.

Here are the dragons:


Here's the video:



And here are the lyrics:

Dragon Tails ©Wendy Gerbi

To the tune of The Itsy Bitsy Spider 

 

No little dragons flying all around (shrug)

Along comes a blue one with a little roaring sound (roar!)

She wiggles her tail and roars a little more (wiggle and roar!)

She blows a little flame (whooo!)

Then up she soars! (flap wings!)

 

One little dragon flying all around (flap arms)

Along comes a red one with a little roaring sound (roar!)

He wiggles his tail (wiggle) and he roars a little more (roar!)

He blows a little flame (whoo!) then up he soars!

 

Continue, until… 

Five little dragons flying all around (flap arms)

They make a big ruckus with all those roaring sounds! (roar!)

They wiggle their tails and they roar a little more (wiggle and roar)

But now their wings are tired so down they soar!


And now you can make your own dragon cuties!



No comments:

Post a Comment