Summer Reading #7: Elephant Tails

 Here we go with the seventh installment of my summer reading ideas for the Tails and Tales theme!

The summer reading program is focusing on animals (tails) and stories (tales) this year.  Well, I've got plenty of both types of flannel boards that fit the bill--but I thought it would be fun to add some new songs and movement activities to the mix.

Over the remaining couple of weeks, I'll be adding new videos of these new songs to my YouTube channel.  I'll also post them right here on the blog. 

You might already know that I love elephants.  They are amazing creatures, which is probably why kids love them as much as I do.  Of course, they aren't actually quite as colorful as my set, but I do like to make things rainbow-ish ;)   Anyway, you also may have seen these beauties in some of my other elephant videos, but I wanted to add some opposite words to the mix. 

So here we've got opposites (short and long), a little math and rhyming, and friendship bundled up together.  You know:  all the good preschooly stuff we love :)  

Here are the elephants:

Here is the video:


And here are the lyrics:

Elephant Tails ©Wendy Gerbi

To the tune of Do Your Ears Hang Low 

One little elephant marching on her own

Her tails is pretty short, and her trunk is pretty long!

Along comes another one and joins in the fun

She holds her friend's tail and they march along!

 

Two little elephants marching one by one

Their tails are pretty short, and their trunks are pretty long!

Along comes another one and joins in the fun

He holds his friend's tail and they march along!

 

…continue, until…

Five little elephants marching one by one.

Their tails are pretty short, and their trunks are pretty long!


There are no more elephants left to join the fun

So they keep holding tails and they march along!

 

And let's not stop there!  If you'd like to make your own elephant set, you can find the pattern right here:




No comments:

Post a Comment