Little Snail

I completely stole this idea from Rachel the Librarian, the local librarian who comes to our classroom on the first Wednesday of every month.  Though she used a little clip art worm under her leaves (rather than the felt snail I'm using), it was her genius use of real leaves that grabbed my attention.  Now granted, I will most likely make felt versions so this will be easy to do at any time (since the real leaves will dry out and crumble).  But I just love the idea of using the real leaves so the kids are exposed to them (in more ways than just trudging through them on their sidewalks :) )  

I used the baby snail from my Animal Pairs set.  

You can do this rhyme using colors, shapes, and real leaf names:

Little snail, little snail, playing hide and seek
Are you under the __________ leaf?
Let's take a peek!


PS:  Stick a little velcro dot to the back of the leaves to make them stick to the board.  Or a little loop of tape will work, too...






My shop has a TON of other hide and seek felt sets!

Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Mollie at What Happens in Storytime.

Find all kinds of info at Flannel Friday's Blog, Facebook, or Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment