Flannel Friday re-post: Ask Mr. Bear

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm re-posting this little story about showing your mom a little love :)

Years  ago I found a list of books that translate well to flannel boards...  If I can find it again I will post it here! Anyway, one of the books on that list was Ask Mr. Bear,by Marjorie Flack, and though I did get the book for my classroom, I never did make it into a felt board.  I finally got around to it last month, so here it is...

I scanned a page with each animal, one with Danny, and the last page--the hug :)  I printed them out and outlined them in black marker, and then used the collage technique shown in this video Best Flannel Board Video Ever
to make the pieces.  I used black fabric paint for the facial features and the mommy's bun...

(Updated to switch out the old grainy pics with what are hopefully a little more clear.)



Yep--Danny is reversible so he can follow the animals, and also face Mr. Bear as he talks to him!




This week you'll find the Flannel Friday roundup here and of course you'll find lots of other ideas at Flannel Friday's blog or Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment