Flip Flap Fly

I love this little book.  But it's little.  I haven't even checked to see if I can get a bigger version to use with larger groups--I just went for it and made a felt set to go along with the poem instead.  I love the illustrations, I love the poem, the vocabulary, the rhymes...  I hope my kids love seeing it on the flannel board!  (And it goes well to a jazzy little version of the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star tune, too!)










Flannel Friday is being hosted this week by Lisa at LibraryLand.  
For more info about Flannel Friday, check out these links:

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn :) Can't take the credit of course, since I copied those illustrations so shamelessly!

      Delete
  2. I don't know the book. I will order it now for the library. Your flannel pieces are gorgeous. Thanks for introducing me to a new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and You're welcome! I'm a big fan of Phyllis Root. Her Rattletrap Car, One Duck Stuck, Looking for a Moose and Kiss the Cow have all been hits with my kids over the years. I love that her work combined with the work of such great illustrators.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had seen this earlier- last week was bird week for story time at the library! Your set is gorgeous, can't wait to check out this new book. Thanks for sharing!

    -Jessica
    Storytime in the Stacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica--hope you and your story time groups enjoy it :)

      Delete