Christmas Finger Puppet Set

Okay, so these aren't actually finger puppets.  I bought the pattern for them at Precious Patterns on Etsy, and I fully intended to make them into puppets.  But I also plan to sell them in my shop (editing to say they're sold out :) ), and I decided it would be more time efficient and perfectly acceptable to make them into flannel board figures instead.  So rather than stitch everything together, I followed the patterns but glued them together instead.  I think it works!  I know the kids will love them (though I probably won't use the Santa and Mrs. Claus in the classroom, since I steer away from the whole "get, get, get" aspect of the holidays.  Except in my personal life ;)).

If you're not a seamstress but you love how these look, I think they would be easy enough to make into finger puppets simply by gluing the various pieces together as I did, and then just whip stitching around the outer edges.  I adore the look of these.  My farm and jungle finger puppet patterns came from the same site, and I have the Halloween set just waiting to be made :)






These Christmas Cuties are sold out, but find tons of holiday felt goodies in my shop!

Flannel Friday is being hosted by Mollie at Storytime with Miss Mollie, and of course you'll find lots of other ideas at Flannel Friday's blog or Pinterest page.


No comments:

Post a Comment